Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Instructional Strategies (I)

As mentioned in my previous blog, I think it is important to use a variety of teaching strategies so that as many learners as possible can benefit from their particular learning style.

Of all listed in the article, I believe that I use drill and practice the least. I have used it, but only when we review states and capitals. A lot of students still prefer to memorize, rather than try to remember the state's corresponding capital city in another manner.

I believe that I use discussion the most as well as cooperative learning. In social studies, it is often beneficial to have students discuss their various ideas together. It is important for students to hear several opinions, as well as their own, when pondering an essential question.

No comments:

Post a Comment