Saturday, January 9, 2010

Tech. Integration in the Content Area (I)

Bitter & Legag's Using Technology in the Classroom (2006), does an excellent job of providing a format to creating lesson plans for teachers who would like to add technology to their lesson planning.

It does lack some of the modern-day "buzz" words, but instead provides word with similar meanings. For instance, Bitter and Legag write that the teacher should provide a list of Purposes. Today's student teachers would create a list of Objectives. I do not think one is "more right" than another, they both have the educator assess his/her lesson to ensure that there is a significant degree of student learning.

I also like the variety of lessons that exist for teachers of all levels - elementary and secondary; inter-disciplinary and subject-specific. Tomorrow, I will blog about how one of the lessons to my unit would appear, using Bitter and Legag's lesson plan format.

No comments:

Post a Comment